Strategies to get Success over Cyber Threats
When a system in connected to the internet or intranet, the risk of being attacked by a cyber attack remains every time. To overcome this situation, establish some security means.
An attacker can be anyone. He can be the one who
- get access unofficially.
- try to destroy or modify the data.
- practice malicious methods to hang, reboot or make a network fail.
How a person gets access to your data? How to overcome this practice?
- If you system is not configured accurately or the updates patches are not installed, the cyber attacker can easily get a benefit of the security loophole to destroy your system. So, get your system security up to date.
- Authentication Techniques: The act of building originality of a subject is called Authentication. It can be divided into various types on the basis of its performance. Authentication techniques are useful as they strengthen the database security by the continuous refinement on private domains.
- Single Factor Authentication: Most of us keep the same password for all the websites and applications. This is what the cyber attackers take advantage of. They broke into the low-security sites and regained thousands of username/password pairs. Then, they use them in high-security e-commerce website with trial and error strategy. And this is how they commit frauds. So, to prevent cyber attacks, keep different passwords for different applications. And also, the passwords must be robust enough to make it difficult for others to crack.
- Web password hashing: PwdHash is nothing but a browser extension that transparently transforms a user’s password into a domain explicit password. PwdHash mechanically substitutes a one-way hash of the pair (domain name with password) in the place of the contents of the password fields. Because of this, the website processes the domain-specific hash of the password instead of the password. So, even if someone attacks the website, he would get the password hashes and not the actual password.
- Two-stage authentication: Under this type of authentication, a person has to go through two stages of authentication. The second input for authentication is dynamic and controlled by the authorized user. Single time passwords are given through tokens, grids printed on the back of cards, transaction numbers over mobile telephones, dynamic digits from ATM card numbers, etc.
- Cryptography: It is a technique to write the content in the form of a secret code. It has emerged out as an extensive development of computer communications. Various cryptography methods are Secret Key Cryptography, Hash Functions, and Public Key Cryptography. To ensure that your database is secure, use this technique.
- Network security: If a network is secure, that everything is secure. To maintain the network security, go for various security protocols designed and updated by Internet Authority from time to time.
- Database Security: Database Management Systems (DBMS) are strongly recommended due to their efficiency of storing information. The data stored in a database is considered as a commercial asset. Since the database is like the heart of an organization, pay more attention towards its security. Do not allow the unauthorized users from accessing and modifying the database content and controls to make your database secure.
So, go through these mechanisms and enjoy! No one would be able to hack your data.